Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Return From My Long Hiatus


Soooo....it has been a crazy couple of months.
We just got done moving into my parents' house to save money while we look for a new place, my grandpa had surgery on his lungs to remove cancer and we almost lost him (very unexpected complications during surgery but now he's doing GREAT after only a few weeks! :) ), and after some issues that have been resolved, James and I are starting to plan our wedding with hopes that we can move it up to early next year instead of the end of next summer. Life has been completely turned around in any way possible multiple times, but today is a good day, and today is a start. All I can say is thank God that I started crocheting since it seems like my craft and the love for my son are the only things that have stayed constant during this amount of time. And it's an awesome stress reliever. If you haven't started some sort of craft or hobby...now is the time to do so, especially if you find yourself constantly wanting to pull out your hair.
I have been pulling things off my hook left and right recently to prepare for a sale that I was going to be a part of, but James got sick, so we had to cancel at the last minute. :(  I have a large inventory of hats, winter, and baby items now though so hopefully when I enter a sale at the beginning of this fall, I don't have to work so frantically to get everything ready. But that also meant a lot of unfinished personal projects that I started and didn't get a chance to finish.
Right now I'm in progress of:
1. A diaper soaker for Aiden
4. Granny blanket for Aiden
5. A hat for myself (Callie Hat. Not free but it was included in the September edition of Inspired Crochet Magazine)
6. A hat for James (I forgot how stinkin long it takes to make an adult hat now that I make so many baby/kids hats)
7. Aiden's cowboy booties
8. About 3 orders that I have to work on.
Once I finish all this in progress "stuff", I'm resolving to only have 2 personal projects and 2 orders in progress at one time. Otherwise, I would never finish anything before I start something else.
Make it a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...