Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Love Fall...

Okay...I lied. I'm a day behind on posting. But that's because I had SO MANY pictures from this weekend that I spent all day going through them and editing...and then my maid of honor came over to look at wedding magazines with me for like three hours after that. :D

Anyway...I was super bummed on Sunday. It was rainy and overcast all day long, I didn't get very good pictures because there was hardly any natural lighting, and it was only like 50 degrees. EW. Cold and rainy is not the reason why I love fall. 

I love fall because of...
color, pumpkins, carving pumpkins, apple cider, donuts (which I can't have), the smell in the air, Halloween, football games, baking, Thanksgiving, scarves, family get togethers, corn mazes, haunted houses and hayrides, and I'm sure many more that I can't think of right now.

I love the beginning of every season. When it's fresh and new. There are new smells. Everyone thinks I'm crazy when I say, "It smells like Fall". But it's hard not to notice the change in the air. Crisper air. And with all the new smells come the memories. Playing football with the family when we went to Arkansas for Thanksgiving about ten years ago. Carving pumpkins and having cider with James last year after looking at our first apartment. Going on the haunted hayride with friends my freshman year of high school. Homecoming at Olivet College. Hearing Aiden's heart beat for the very first time. I love the changing of seasons. 

Okay...I'll start with my photos of the day.



4.
October 5, 2012
The homecoming game at Maple Valley.


5.
October 6, 2012
My favorite shot of my gluten free chocolate cheesecakes. Right before I put them in the oven. And they are delicious! :)


6.
October 7, 2012
This was at the Country Mill in Charlotte/Potterville. Aiden had lost his shoe, and I thought this was a pretty cute picture. For anyone who doesn't know, this is James.



 I spent like two hours the night before making this hat for our trip to the cider mill. He had pulled too hard on the vine and completely ripped out all the stitches before we left. :/



I took some pictures of him in the hat before we left just in case I didn't get any good ones while we were gone. If you're wondering why the face in the first picture, he was trying to sit up. He does crunches all day long.


He wanted some of my apple cider slushy. He actually stuck his fingers in it at one point while I was holding him. :)




I absolutely love this picture. It looks like a computer background or something. This was the only picture I got that had the fall color that I wanted.


They had these face-in-hole cutouts on the playground.






Aiden got a little pumpkin of his own and got to "carve" it.



Mommy really carved it for him, but he sure enjoyed rubbing his gums on the cold pumpkin pieces. :)



Even though it was nasty the whole time we were at the cider mill, we got home just in time. About a half an hour later, it starting sleeting/hailing.

I think we may make another trip on a weekend where it's not cold and wet. And where I can get some better pictures. We need to get a new pumpkin for James anyway. He got frustrated while carving his face on his because it was breaking into pieces, and threw it halfway out into the yard...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...